Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wyoming Wanderings

Recently 14 of my wife's extended family members converged upon the magnificent Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks to collectively celebrate my brother-in-law John's 50th Birthday and our mutual love for wild places. John, who I have always felt a special kinship with as a result of our shared love for nature and lifelong learning, needed the rest, respite, and spiritual lift that only the high places can provide, as he is currently battling an especially brutal and malignant primary brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme.

Because both my brother-in-law John and my son Nathan are chronicling their journeys through life these days, I've decided to refer my readers to their blogs. For those of you interested in John's Trophy Run, be sure to send a thought or a prayer for his healing while visiting there. For a complete rundown of the fantastic birding and wildlife experiences that we had while in Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, go to The Drinking Bird. Return each day for the extended reports!

Cheers,
Greg

No comments: