Monday, January 21, 2008

Birdstack Launches!

I have had the pleasure of birding with David Ringer over at Search and Serendipity on several occasions. My favorite memory with him was when he was a teen. We drove to Riverlands to observe the Smew a few years back. I remember his hand drawn and written "quick reference" gull guide that he created for our trip that day.

By coincidence, I made the 4 hour trek to Riverlands this weekend and will prepare a trip report soon. Unfortunately, the trip list is not quite as extensive as when David was with me.

In the meantime, I wanted to make all of you aware of David's latest creation, Birdstack.

This message was posted on Mo-Birds this morning.

"Some of you will know David Ringer, the phenomenal young birder that grew up here in Springfield. He has now morphed in to a young adult phenom birder.
David is a computer whiz as well as an outstanding birder. He and a friend have been building a new web based bird listing program called "Birdstack". It is not only a very functional program, but fun as well. I have had the opportunity to be one of the beta testers on this program and late last night the program was put on line for public use.
This is the url: http://birdstack.com/ for the site, take a look and enjoy. Yes, this is a free on-line program, and me, you nor anyone else is receiving any monetary gain from this program.
Charley Burwick
Greater Ozarks Audubon "

Go over there and check it out!

No comments: